Static and dynamic sled testing
Reaching speeds of up to 90km/h
Correlated to full scale crash test pulses
Sled Testing Facility
Millbrook offers static and dynamic sled testing for a range of vehicle types and the aerospace, marine, healthcare and rail markets. It performs reverse accelerating linear shock tests to simulate physical crash conditions.
The current ServoSled test facility replaced a HyGe sled in 2015. The sled is equipped for testing to a wide range of global safety standards. It delivers accurate and repeatable results, with pulses precisely correlated to full scale crash, legislative and CAE test pulses.
Sled testing enables vehicle development and type approval for regulatory purposes, and sign-off against varied global standards. Millbrook’s sled test facility is also recognized for healthcare tests, including wheelchair and W.A.V.C.A. (Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle Converters Association).
Sled Tests Include
- Euro NCAP protocol tests
- FIA 8855-1999 tests of racing seats
- Battery abuse tests against R100 and UN38.3
- Crash-testing wheelchairs
- Rail seats and tables to the GM/RT 2100 and APTA PR-CS-S-018-13, Rev. 1 standards
- Aircraft and rotorcraft seat legislative sled testing
- Marine seat sled testing
As well as a range of other customer in-house requirements and legislative standards.
ServoSled Test Facility Specification
- 12” ServoSled sled test system
- Maximum speed 90km/h (56mph)
- Maximum acceleration 80g
- Servo-hydraulic pulse control
- Highly accurate and repeatable acceleration and velocity profiles with extremely high frequency response