Body Closures Testing
At a glance
Millbrook has conducted closure testing for a number of OEMs for in-house development projects and product validation. Millbrook has also supported customers with the development and enhancement of their closure test programme procedures and methods.
This collaborative approach has resulted in customers achieving significant reductions in test times, whilst maintaining accuracy and validity of test conditions.
Millbrook offers a full suite of body closures testing for the following:
- Auxiliary opening systems
It uses a range of custom-built, fully controllable test rigs which are capable of cycling from the interior and exterior at speeds of up to 6m/s. Millbrook can also simultaneously test electronic sub‑systems, locking mechanisms and window systems. All test rigs are custom-developed to engage with systems at touch points requested by the customer.
Cyclic testing, such as vehicle door slam testing, can be enhanced using climatic chambers sized suitably for testing closures on single test vehicles or multiple test vehicles simultaneously.
Millbrook performs automated cycle life testing of a wide range of other components, including:
- Vehicle interior subsystems (e.g. glove boxes, armrests and face vents)
- Vehicle systems (e.g. shifter mechanisms, door locks and latches and rear-wheel steer systems)
- Electrical devices (e.g. solenoids)
- Security devices (e.g. steering locks)
Capabilities at a glance:
- -40°C to +85°C operating range 10% to 98% RH
- Fully programmable operation
- Multi-speed closing motion
- Free-flight latching
- Fully adjustable geometry
- Up to 4 doors tested simultaneously
- Door inner and outer latch handle operation
- Closing speeds up to 6m/s for doors
- Check link over travel
- Boot/deck lid latch handle and/or electronic release operation
- Boot/deck lid closing speeds up to 2.5m/s