Vehicle Emissions Certification Testing
At a glance
At the end of development programmes and before an operating license is issued, new vehicles must be tested and certified. In recent years, emissions regulations have become significantly more challenging, with the introduction of the WLTC process and RDE, and Millbrook is here to help.
Millbrook offers climatic emissions chassis dynamometer, sealed housing for evaporative emissions determination (SHED), and Real Driving Emissions (RDE) testing. It covers all the latest European and most of the Chinese emission certification tests and its facilities meet a range of regulatory requirements (see below), providing customers with the confidence that the facilities used for development are the same as they will use for certification.
Millbrook has many years of experience in certification testing and actively supports its customers with flexible timeframes, expert advice and world-class facilities.
- VCA – EU 2017/1151 for its light-duty climatic emissions chassis dynamometers
- EL – EU 2017/1151 (2018/1832) for its light-duty climatic emissions chassis dynamometers
- VCA – EU 2017/1151 (2018/1832) for its Portable Emissions Measurement Systems (PEMS)
The VCA is resident at Millbrook, which makes the witnessing of testing much more efficient and cost effective for customers.
Emissions Certification Tests
- EU Type I, II, III, IV, VI and RDE
- China Type I, II, II, III, IV, VI and RDE
- UN/ECE Reg. 83, 85, 101 and 103
Millbrook also tests to non-regulatory procedures including CVRAS, Green Bus Fund, TfL Emissions and LowCVP HGV Accreditation Scheme.