Millbrook Revolutionary Engineering, Inc. is an international dynamometer testing systems integrator and services corporation. We provide systems and services for the automotive industry as well as in-house dynamometer testing. We currently have an immediate opening for a Staff Automation Engineer. A brief description of the positions responsibilities and benefits are summarized below. If you are interested please e-mail us your resume at email@example.com. Also include best available time for phone interview.
- Interact with customers for troubleshooting and debugging software, electrical, and mechanical problems.
- Interface with custom engineering in developing testing applications with EV focus. Responsibilities include:
- Creating custom CAN/LIN/FlexRay protocol gateways between MRE software platform and customer UUTs
- Create scripts in Vector CAPL and ICS Vehicle spy to simulate vehicle environment required for testing
- Proactively work during the quoting process to identify required equipment and support for new projects
- Interact with customers for requirements specifications.
- Create ‘Best method’ procedures for internal and customer use-
- Profile writing; standard, ticks and tricks, default examples
- Standardized start-up, shutdown and soft stop functions and example
- Create documents and also lead training sessions and customer workshops
- Liaison between software development and commissioning/ Systems
- Attend kick off meetings, and work with PMs on control and automation new IP
- Train commissioning personnel using developed documentation and on-site support when needed
- Provide feedback to software for improved user experience
- Assist in generating software requirements documents
- Fill in gaps for commissioning when needed.
- Review all commissioning jobs before sign-off to validate MRE due diligence in alarms, and standards to help eliminate the constant call-backs
- Provide on the job training of all systems for customers and end users
- BSEE, BSCE or BSME
- Knowledge of control components (sensors, motor control devices, etc.)
- Excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- Vector CANOE/Canalyzer; VehicleSpy training
- Strong written and verbal skills for effective communication
- LabVIEW programming experience