Location: 36865 Schoolcraft Road, Livonia, MI 48150
Category: Mechanical/Electrical/Computer/Mechatronics Engineer
- Develop LabVIEW programs for dynamometer controller and automated test equipment to meet customer needs.
- Develop and perform test cases for dynamometer control software.
- Develop test scripts to customer-specific requirements and execute tests using REPS control software.
- Analyze data generated from dynamometers and create custom reports for customers using LabVIEW and Diadem.
- Communicate and assist with the team of control engineers in developing hardware and software controls for dynamometer testing.
- Assist with customer technical issues and debug software and hardware.
- Perform controller setup, calibration, commissioning, service and warranty repair for REPS dynamometers, including travel to customer sites.
- Participate in software design reviews, code reviews and project update meetings.
- Create, review and document software requirement specifications, test plans, software change requests and software user manuals.
- Commission dynamometer test systems using Windows OS HMIs, real time computers using an RTOS, FPGA / Instrumentation / PLCs / third party software, induction, permanent magnet and DC dynamometers, AC drives and DC drives and ancillary equipment (inc. coolant and oil conditioning).
- Configure equipment using the following communication protocols - EtherCAT, Modbus Variants, Profibus, AK Engine o Serial (RS-232, RS-485), FlexRay, CAN and variants.
- Interact with internal and external customers for troubleshooting and debugging software, electrical and mechanical problems.
- Provide on-the-job training of all systems for customers and end users.
- Bachelor (Electrical / Mechanical / Mechatronics)
- 2 years of relevant work experience
- Familiarity with LabVIEW and PLC programming
- Excellent communication skills and strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Good understanding of electrical and mechanical schematics and/or flow diagrams
- Knowledge of control components (sensors, motor control devices, etc.)
- Familiarity with automotive testing procedures and test definitions
- Ability to understand different programming languages