Test System Automation Software
At a glance
Millbrook’s RE Pro System (REPS) is highly configurable and easy-to-use test cell automation system. It provides each customer with complete control over every aspect of their test.
REPS automation software runs different types of tests, including part failures, efficiency, speeds, torques, and impacts. It allows the user to create reports and logs in a range of formats.
It uses a desktop PC with a user interface, a RT for data acquisition and control, and an EtherCAT input/output Chassis for system interfacing. The RT accommodates multiple industrial communication protocols allowing the user to attach a variety of measuring instruments and devices.
In the UK, REPS software provides a fully automated test solution for performance and life testing of battery packs and modules at Millbrook’s Battery test Facility. Electrical and thermal cycling of the battery, along with environmental and fluid conditioning are safely controlled throughout a customer-defined test sequence. REPS provides an extensive and flexible platform for continuous data acquisition and logging throughout the test, controlling all aspects of the test chamber.
- Fully configurable control modes
- Configurable displays, buttons, and indictors
- Master Setup which links individual setup files for convenient saving and loading
- HIL simulation
- Customer add-ons through our LabVIEW Plug-in (LVP)
- Road load simulation
- Powerful test profiler
- Playback for importing and replacing field-measured data
- PID control
- Authentication for managing user and access rights
- Web-based and VNC based remote access
- 8,000 standard channels that can be user-modified
- Built-in channel calibration utility
- User-defined PID parameters
- Constant or variable alarm limit
- Configurable low pass filter channels
- Virtual channels
- CAN, CAN FD
- FlexRay, ASAP3, CCP, XCP
- Existing drivers for external instruments
- AVL smoke meter and micro soot sensor
- Yokogawa power meters
- Throttle and shift controllers
- CAS drivers
- Opdax water-cooled chillers/heaters
- Sorenson power supplies
- Revolutions counters
- Real-time data logging
- Post-mortem logging
- Multiple data report formats (TDMS, Text, MS Excel)
Millbrook is a testing systems integrator specialising in dynamometers. Millbrook has developed a state-of-the-art data acquisition and control software platform called Revolutionary Engineering Professional System (REPS). REPS is a robust, flexible and fully customizable software package that is tailored directly to the needs of the testing application. REPS has been successfully implemented on a multitude of different testing cells across the globe. These applications include but are not limited to, axle test cells, engine test cells, chassis test cells, hydraulic test benches, and valve-train test rigs.
Beyond the custom control modes, REPS uses the same core hardware and software between each from test cell. Each control system consists of a PC, Real-Time National Instruments PXI, and National Instruments CompactRio EtherCAT Chassis.